ApplicationsVentilated cladding, curtain walls
CharacteristicsPanels with large dimensions, flatness and rigidity, dimensional stability
ColorsMatt black, organic red, green, blue and brown pre-weathered zincs
More about this product
VMZINC's Composite Wall Panels combine the qualities, elegance and durability of VMZINC with the rigidity and smoothness of composite, VMZ Composite offers unique architectural possibilities for facades.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- Ventilated Cladding: VMZ Composite panels are installed on a wall-mounted framework as part of a ventilated facade offering a healthy, durable solution for buildings. They can be installed in cassettes or riveted/screwed-down sheets.
- Curtain Wall: The curtain wall manufacturer must be contacted and must be present during design.
- Panels with large dimensions
- Exceptional flatness and rigidity
- Strong dimensional stability
- Solutions for complex shapes thanks to an excellent aptitude for transforming and bending
- The elegance of QUARTZ-ZINC and ANTHRA-ZINC
- Available in 3 different surface finishes:
- ANTHRA-ZINC: The matt black look of ANTHRA-ZINC with the visible grain structure gives the material a velvet look, which is very popular with Architects all over the world. Like QUARTZ-ZINC, it is obtained by immersing natural zinc in a solution which modifies the crystalline structure of the surface of the metal at a thickness of approximately one micron. This treatment is a durable chemical conversion of the surface structure of the metal.
- QUARTZ-ZINC: is obtained by immersing natural zinc in a solution which modifies the crystalline structure of the surface of the metal at a thickness of approximately one micron. This treatment is a durable chemical conversion of the surface structure of the metal. This is not a finish but a genuine, long-lasting treatment of the surface.
- PIGMENTO: The PIGMENTO range is not a painted finish, this makes the surface colour maintenance free like all VMZINC envelopes. The surface colour is created by adding mineral pigments to a durable protective coating, creating beautifully organic red, green, blue and brown pre-weathered zincs. Available in 4 different tones.
Qualification of installation companies
The installation company must be skilled and have experience in the area of facades and in working with composite panels. The company must make sure that the system is used in compliance with conditions and area of use.
VMZ Composite sheets must be stored on their original pallet, on a dry floor, in an area with overhead shelter that is correctly ventilated. On delivery the sheets are covered with a protective film on their outer side that enables the surface aspect to be protected during installation. The film must be removed entirely at latest 90 days after installation.
Ventilation of the rear side of the sheets must be ensured by an air space of 2 cm minimum situated between the insulation and the VMZ Composite sheet, or between the brickwork and the sheets. Entry of the air space is ensured by a perforated panel at the foot of the cladding and by a divider in the expansion joint.
Installation on a flat, vertical structure in plastered brickwork or concrete on new buildings and renovations. Airtightness is provided by the structural wall.
* As with all zinc wall or roof applications, the proper system design is key. Umicore does not produce nor offer VMZ Composite wall cladding systems. Instead, we partner with wall cladding system providers and adapt existing metal composite systems to perform as VMZ-CM systems. You can download system details and specifications that we recommend you use as a basis of design from this page. The system providers can help you with more information if and when required, or you can contact your nearest VMZINC representative.