UseWall cladding system
ApplicationsFacade, cladding, exterior & interior walls
CharacteristicsVersatile system with a traditional look, concealed clips and fasteners, easy to install, Vertical, horizontal, and diagonal installation
ColorsNatural, QUARTZ-ZINC, ANTHRA-ZINC, PIGMENTO red, blue, green and brown.
More about this product
The VMZ Flat lock panel system belongs to the rain-screen family (weather resistant, ventilated wall cladding installed over a waterproofing membrane). VMZ Flat lock panels offer a simple yet elegant cladding solution characterized by a longitudinal seam on a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal bias. Available in natural, QUARTZ-ZINC, ANTHRA-ZINC, PIGMENTO red, blue, green and brown.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Engaged with a single fold on all four sides
- Range of components offering a wide variety of flashing details
- Maximum Dimensions:
Horizontal Orientation: 9' - 0'' L x 16'' W
Vertical Orientation: 6' - 0'' L x 16'' W
Convex: R1 15' Field / R2 15' Field
Concave: 15' Field - Panels per Crate / Box: 150
Per 16'' x 36'' installed OC Panels: 4ft2
Per crate 16'' x 36'' installed Panels: 600ft2
0.8mm , 1mm
- Weight per ft2 installed:
2.00lb for 16'' x 36'' OC Panels
The Stephen Hawking Centre at Perimeter Institute II VMZ Flat lock panel in QUARTZ-ZINC
- Examine substrates, areas, and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances, metal wall panel supports, and other conditions affecting performance of work.
- Verify that substrate is plumb, sound, dry, smooth, clean, sloped for drainage, and completely anchored, and that provision has been made for wall drains, flashings, and penetrations through metal wall panels.
- Examine primary and secondary wall framing to verify whether or not purlins, angles, channels, and other structural panel support members and anchorages have been installed correctly.
- Prepare written report, listing conditions detrimental to performance of work of this section. Submit copy of report to architect.
- Examine roughing-in for components and systems penetrating metal wall panels to verify actual locations of penetrations relative to seam locations of metal wall panels before wall panel installation.
- Bottom hem of the panel should be more open (5T) than the end folds (2.5T). Tip: Tap a long clip inside the bottom fold to create the right space for the panels to “nest” together.
- Panels shall be installed with ¼” (5 mm) of space left before being fully engaged.
- Install metal wall panels in orientation, sizes, and locations as indicated on the drawings.
- Install metal wall panels plumb, level, square, true to line, and within installation tolerances. Install metal wall panels perpendicular to girts and subgirts, unless otherwise indicated.
- Anchor metal wall panels and other components of the work securely in place, with provisions for thermal and structural movement. Do not use a torch to field-cut metal wall panels.
- Fasten metal wall panels in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Flash and seal metal wall panels with weather closure edges and at the perimeters of openings.
- Install flashing and trim as metal wall panel work proceeds. Fasten flashings and trim around openings and similar elements.
- Maintain metal wall panels in clean condition during installation. Remove protective film within 90 days of installation.