A Standing seam can be a single folded or double folded seam. VMZINC uses profiling and seaming machines for the closure of longitudinal seam joints, which significantly reduces installation time.
The low height of the seams (25 or 32 mm) contributes to the modernity, lightness, and regularity of the VMZINC Standing seam facade. When dealing with complex designs this VMZINC system presents a more technologically advanced appearance.
- All shapes: flat, curved, concave, convex, conical, domes
- Structures located in regions of harsh climate, which are often subject to snowfall (mountainous or continental climate), strong winds, and heavy rain.
- Flexibility and discreet joints
- Quick installation
- Low seam height
- Theoretical thermal expansion coefficient of 1/64''/ft for 212ºF temperature change (22.mm/mm for 100ºC change).
- High wind resistance
- It is possible to modify the number of fixing clips required according to the prevailing climatic conditions.
|Seam height ||Centre to center distance 500 mm coil width |
|H = 25 mm ||430 mm |
|H = 32 mm ||416 mm |
|Thickness ||0.7 mm - 0.8 mm |
|Length ||to 15 m |
|Coverage ||1.66 ft2 per installed QUARTZ-ZINC/ANTRHA-ZINC panel |
1.4 ft2 per installed PIGMENTO panel
- Rigid and continuous
- Meet loading requirements in conformity with a minimum pull out strength of 50 daN for each clip
- Rest on at least 3 bearing structure elements
- Have no protruding elements on the support
- Lay the panel on the structure.
- The L profile of the preceding panel and the clips that have been fastened to the panel and fixed to the structure are covered by the U of the next panel, avoiding stresses and lateral traction.
- Install clips.
- The number of clips for roofing depends on the climate zone
Clips have a dual function:
- Ensuring the mechanical resistance of the entire roof
- Allowing free expansion of the metal