The history of Fronius began in 1945 in Austria. At that time, charging car batteries was not something that could be taken for granted. Günter Fronius was unwilling to accept this. To begin with, he repaired electrical appliances and he built his first charger using 50 Hz technology. An old army hut in Rankleiten near Pettenbach, Austria is where the Fronius family lived at the time, and was our first company headquarters for this “specialist repair workshop for radios and electrical engineering”. With a small workshop next to the living quarters and his first employee Andreas Schinker, Günter Fronius laid the foundations for a global company.