Zoom image | View original size
Architects are mobilizing their efforts, to help schools around the world reconsider their design in order to guarantee sustainability, emotional wellness, and physical health. CetraRuddy, Cooper Robertson, and WXY are amongst those proposing an increase in outdoor programming and a rearrangement of classrooms, for post-pandemic school design. The architectural scene has been witnessing lately a growing focus on indoor/outdoor functions. Discover 3 different interventions from 3 different practices, tackling one common issue, and focusing on outdoor space as a major programming element. Learning Happens Everywhere CetraRuddy CetraRuddy has been selected to design a new, 2.500-student school campus for grades 1 through 12 in Kozhikode (Calicut), India, for The Choice School. The second of three large master plans, the project succeeds in a first intervention, inaugurated in 2016, a campus for primary- and secondary school students in Thiruvalla, in the South India state of Kerala. Advocating for “Inclusive Education”, these facilities illustrate several new trends in international education, including the use of both individual and group learning areas, outdoor classrooms, and green building design. View more View full description
Share Share