Zoom image | View original size
The church of S. Tiago de Antas is built in a privileged place with views over the natural landscape and the center of the local town. The building is integrated side by side and harmoniously with the past, which gives it a distinct character and reference for the community, especially for all who cultivate the faith.  The elaboration of the proposal was preceded of a study of the location of surrounding spaces and the integration of the building in the site location. It was not simply limited to the study of an organized implantation in the land site but also an intense study of the history and religious activities associated to the locality. Its implantation works as a unifying element of the existing spaces in the surrounding, such as the Romanesque church (classified as Property of Public Interest since 1958), the mortuary chapel and the cemetery. View more View full description
Share Share