Mola, creator of the Mola Structural Kit, is back at it with a second interactive structural kit aimed at changing the way people study and teach structures around the world. Mola sold over 4000 of their first kit across more than 50 countries in 2014, and now you can back the newest expansion on Brazilian crowdfunding website Catarse.
Mola 2 includes 144 pieces and a bilingual manual to expand on and broaden the possibilities of Mola 1, encouraging users to be even more creative and innovative. To that end, the makers have developed new adjustable length bars, lightweight connectors, and continuous connection parts that are fully compatible with the components from Mola 1.
Mola 1 enjoyed enthusiastic reception, becoming the most successful crowdfunding campaign in Brazil at the time of its release. The idea for the Mola Structural Kit originated with Brazilian architect Márcio Sequeira de Oliveira, who validated the accuracy of the model's behavior in his master's thesis at the Federal University of Ouro Preto in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Check out the team’s Catarse page to learn more about their endeavor and for information on how to purchase a kit. Or, check out the information below to see how you could win a Mola Structural Kit.
ArchDaily has teamed up with Mola for an exclusive giveaway. We're offering our readers the chance to win one of 5 Mola Structural Kit 2 sets, or one of 5 of the original Mola Structural Kit 1 sets. For your chance to win, simply enter your details in the form below by 9am EST on Monday December 5th.
Update: The winners of the giveaway have now been selected! They are:
- Mola Structural Kit II: Craig Thomas, Luis Sidonio, Pedro Junqueira de Barros, Frederico Castello Branco, Camila Rabite de Almeida.
- Mola Structural Kit I: Eric Wheeler, Angelina Ang, Sinan, Liliana Frieiro, Diego De Conca.
Mola will be in touch with all the winners soon to arrange delivery of their prize.
Terms & Conditions:
- Winners for each of the five Mola Structural Kit 2 and five Mola Structural Kit 1 sets will be selected at random from the entrants into each draw.
- If the email address provided by a winning entrant does not work or the entrant does not respond in a timely fashion to claim their prize, then the prize will be redrawn and awarded to another entrant.
- By answering "yes" to the final question, entrants give permission for their email address to be provided to Mola.
- The email addresses of the winners will also be provided to Mola, regardless of their answer to the final question.
- The expected shipping dates of the prizes are: Mola Structural Model 1 - January 2017; Mola Structural Model 2 - August 2017.