- Architect In Charge:Nader Tehrani, Harry Lowd
- Nadaaa Project Team:Monica Ponce de Leon (as Office dA), Christian Ervin, Ghazal Abbasy-Asbagh, Arthur Chang, Lisa Huang, Chris Campbell
- Landscape Architects:Jessica Leete
- MEP:Sun Engineering
- Lighting Design:Collaborative Lighting
- General Contractor:Delta Design & Construction
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. Located in a suburb of Boston, this house serves as a gathering point for a couple’s children and many grandchildren. The addition and pool house develop a dialogue with the existing gardens, allowing the owners to engage the outdoors all year, and creating a series of filters and frames through which the landscape is viewed.
The Newton House living and pool pavilions frame the landscape surrounding the house and enhance the inhabitants' relationship with the natural landscape of the backyard. Located within the Living Pavilion, a polished stainless steel hood at the center of an open kitchen reflects its context, effectively de-materializing itself, as it absorbs the various views within its facets. At once a significant mechanical presence, and at the same time an optical ruse, the two come together in an unexpected alliance.