Zoom image | View original size
Five hundred of the most progressive architecture students and young, talented architects are heading to Lithuania this summer. For the first time in its history, the European Architecture Students Assembly (EASA) is being organized in the country. The small Lithuanian seaside town of Nida, located on the the Curonian Spit - the 98 km long thin, curved sand-dune spit that separates the Curonian Lagoon from the Baltic Sea - will host the event. Read on to find out more about the assembly, see a selection of past pavilions from the workshops, and find out how you can propose a workshop as a tutor. EASA is a network of architecture students from all over the continent. Every summer the assembly is held in a different country, where around 500 creative minds live together in a self-sustaining, community-like setting. The event takes place over two weeks and includes lectures, building and theoretical workshops, as well as other cultural and architectural endeavors. EASA acts as a platform for the exchange of social, architectural and cultural experiences. The main focus of the summer assembly is its workshops, in which around 30 groups of students work on different projects for the duration of the 2 week program. EASA workshops are diverse and varied, ranging from the discussion of hypotheses and concepts, to photography of local people and places, to performance art, to the construction of small pavilions and installations. View more View full description
Share Share