From the publisher: January 2016 issue of a+u is a special issue focused on the drawing collection of Swedish architect Sigurd Lewerentz (1885–1975).
Working with the guest editor Wilfried Wang, Professor at the University of Texas at Austin, who conducted an extensive research at the Lewerentz archive of the Swedish Center for Architecture and Design, this 200-page special issue gives a comprehensive view on two of the architect's earlier works: Malmö Eastern Cemetery (1916–1969) and Social Security Institute (1928–1932).
February 2016 issue will feature Lewerentz's later works: Villa Edstrand and St. Petri Church. We hope our readers will enjoy the rich collection of rare drawings by one of the most important architects of 20th century.
Feature: Sigurd Lewerentz – Drawing Collection 1
- "Continuity, Search and Research Four Projects by Sigurd Lewerentz" by Wilfried Wang
- "Notes on Sigurd Lewerentz" by Janne Ahlin
- "The Reception of Lewerentz’s Work" by Claes Caldenby
Malmö Eastern Cemetery
- Competition and Development of Site Layout
- Landscape Proposals: Memorial Space (Minneslund)
- St. Brigitta Chapel and Waiting Room
- Ancillary Buildings
- Crematorium Chapels
- St. Knut and St. Gertrud Chapels
- Clock Tower
- Flower Shop
Social Security Institute
- Facade and Plan Development
- Staircase and Metalwork Details
Spotlight: Leixões Cruise Terminal by Luís Pedro Silv
200 Pages / 292mm x 219mm / English / Japanese