ArchDaily has teamed up with Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira and Tiago Vieira to feature weekly episodes of their video series “Arquitectura à Moda do Porto,” which highlights Porto’s most significant buildings over the last two decades.
The series launched in 2013 and is comprised of 10 episodes, each focusing on a different theme: light, stairs, balconies, nature, textures, doors, windows, skylights, pavements and structures.
Last week we featured the series' first episode about Porto's shimmering lights, and now we present Episode 2 - Stairs. Read the producers' description of Episode 2 after the break.
EPISODE 2 - STAIRS
Step by step, up and down and front to back, we climb the stairs of Souto de Moura’s Trindade Metro Station, Burgo Tower, Casa das Artes and Cinema House, before heading to Siza’s FAUP, Serralves Foundation and SAAL Bouça Housing. On the way we’ll pass by Barbosa & Guimarães’ Viela do Anjo, Sidónio Pardal’s City Park and Aires Mateus’ Hard Club, ending at Manuel de Solà-Morales’ transparent building.
- Production: Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira Arquitectura and Tiago Vieira Arquitecto
- Direction: Building Pictures
- Photo Direction: Building Pictures
- Post-Production: Building Pictures, Filipa Figueira Arquitectura and Tiago Vieira Arquitecto
- Music: Creative Commons – Singing Sadie, Baby I Am Not Your Lady 2014 | 1’10" | 16:9
- Episode 02
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Year: 2014