The Guangzhou Bureau of Science and IT has announced the shortlists for two major projects in Guangzhou. The two museum projects - the Guangzhou Museum and the Guangzhou Science Museum, each worth over $160 million - will be the latest in a host of high profile projects in China's third-largest city, a list which includes Zaha Hadid's Guangzhou Opera House, the 600m tall Canton Tower, IFC Guangzhou by Wilkinson Eyre Architects and the Guangzhou Circle, among others.
The Guangzhou Museum will be located to the West of Lingnan Square near the Canton Tower, while the Guangzhou Science museum will be located to the East. Practices making the two lists include Bjark Ingels Group, Miralles Tagliabue EMBT, TFP Farrells, MAD Architects and Steven Holl Architects. Read on after the break for the complete shortlists.
Guangzhou Museum Shortlist
- Beijing Institute of Architectural Design with Bjarke Ingels Group
- Bernard Tschumi Architects
- gmp International
- Guangzhou Hanhua Architects + Engineers
- Lacaton & Vassal Architects
- Miralles Tagliabue EMBT with CITIC arch Design
- TFP Farrells
- Wilcoter (Shanghai) Architecture and Planning Design
Guangzhou Science Museum Shortlist
- Atelier FCJZ with Shenzhen A+E Design
- Architecture Design and Research Institute of South China University of Technology
- MAD Architects
- MLA+ B.V. with NorthernLight
- Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos
- HENN GmbH with Guangzhou Design Institute
- Steven Holl Architects
- China Architecture Design & Research Group with Grimshaw and Buro Happold
The shortlisted teams for both projects have until November to develop their proposals, when a winner will be selected by the jury.
Story via the Architects' Journal