Description Located in the historic Automobile Alley District of Oklahoma City the design seeks to transform an existing 1930 historic masonry and steel building into a modern office space. The character of the 12,000 sq. ft. two story building, originally built for Sharp Auto Supply Co, had been diminished by thick layers of paint, historically inaccurate additions, and years of misguided design efforts. Architectural Concept Our concept for the project is called X-Ray. To create an architectural portrait of the company we imagined explaining that the construction product is about its process. By showing what is inside the wall, we can communicate the importance of the details, those seen and those unseen. The project is a celebration of construction and those who build. Clear polycarbonate walls and roofing combined with shadows created by natural light reinforce the “x-ray” concept.
View moreView full description