- Collaborators:José Mário de Castro Gonçalves, Luis Oliveira Ramos, Alexsander Laranjeira, Paulo Cuconati, Eliane Sena, Henrique Fina
- Footings:Hidrosolo Consultoria e Engenharia de Projetos e Soltec Engenharia
- Concrete Structure:Engeserj Engenharia e Simetria Engenharia
- Steel Structure:WS Welder Silva de Miranda e Ferenge Estruturas Metálicas
- Lightning:Franco e Fortes Lighting design e LABAUT Laboratório de Conforto Ambiental e Eficiência Energética
- Weather Control:LABAUT Laboratório de Conforto Ambiental e Eficiência Energética
- Acoustics:Alexandre Sresnewsky
- Construction:Via Engenharia SA
- Site Area:18700 m²
- Built Project Coordinator:Luis Mauro Freire
- Design Team:Luis Mauro Freire, Maria do Carmo Vilariño, Fábio Mariz Gonçalves, Zeuler Rocha Melo de Almeida Lima, Eurico Ramos Francisco e Lívia Leite França
Text description provided by the architects. The plot selected for the construction of the new Chamber is located on the Monumental Axis beside Praça do Buriti (Buriti Square), Buriti Palace (the Executive) and the Justice Place (the Judiciary), configuring the districtal level of the Praça dos Três Poderes (tree Powers Square).
This is, therefore, a very specific urban situation, infuse with an omnipresent modernist and symbolic urbanistic and archtectonic logic.
The implantation of the Legislative Chamber of the Federal Distric will follow the creation of two public squares serapated by a diagonal wall. The first of these squares, which opens onto the Monumental Axis, has a civic emphasis, presenting the assembly building in a symbolic light.
The oder square, sunken and preserved, creates a space in which people can meet and interact during their daily activities, sheltered from horizon of the capital’s vast landscape.
The building itself is organized into different volumes representing the separate conjuncts of the programme. The semi-circular volume of the assembly, which stands on the raised entrance patio, dominates the conjunct. The offices and cabinets of the deputies are situated in a long horizontal shank that relates volumetrically with the urban structure of the surroundings and functions as visual support for the chamber’s bulk, to which it is joined by a transparent gallery.
This gallery connects both the public access to the assembly (through the civic square) and the deputy access (by the road that runs behind), while their respective circulation areas, kept separate, are resolved on different floor levels. The commissions, auditoriums and other secondary volumes are located at the level of the pilotis or the lower square, therefore directly relating with the pubic and the functionaries of the Chamber.