This week we are taking our Architecture City Guide to South Beach. Miami’s architectural styles range from austere corporate architecture, as it has the largest concentration of international banks in the United States, to colorful and playful architecture that reflects its beach and Latin American culture. Architecture lovers can’t miss Miami Beach’s Art Deco District or its old Spanish heritage. We have put together a list of 12 contemporary buildings that range from a small park pavilion to the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. There is plenty more to see in Miami so please add your “must not miss” in the comment section below.
Architecture City Guide: Miami list and corresponding map after the break!
- One Biscayne Tower / Humberto Alonso, Pelayo G. Fraga & Associates with Enrique Gutierrez & Associates
- New World Center / Frank Gehry
- Interior Build-out at the Gansevoort Hotel South / NC-office
- Simpson Park Hammock Pavilion / Oppenheim Architecture + Design
- Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin / Oppenheim Architecture + Design
- FIU Chapman Graduate School of Business / KPF
- Temple Menorah / Morris Lapidus
- Bacardi Building / Enrique Gutierrez
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts / Cesar Pelli
- American Airlines Arena / Arquitectonica with 360 Architecture
- Miami Beach Soundscape / West 8
- 111 Lincoln Road / Herzog & de Meuron