LocationRue Jean-Baptiste Corabeuf, 44300 Nantes, France
CollaborationAREST, ISOCRATE (building services engineering), Denis Rousseau
Text description provided by the architects. The housing project continues and finishes the existing residential area, consisting of:
- The creation of an urban courtyard North / South to organize the site into two blocks and provide continuity in inter-district connecting the two existing ways
- The creation of a public footpath through the operation
- Creating a common courtyard to contain parking spaces and garages needed for the housing
- Construction of a kindergarten, dedicated to the neighbourhood and located at the corner of two streets
- The establishment of "thresholds" or gardens, before all the individual units also avoiding air parking
It is around the urban court that 2 blocks are organized :
- One in the East, Individual rental units are organized on a ground floor and one level. These homes are served by an open courtyard, forming a line from the Urban Court. They all have a West facing garden. The court is used to place the garages in tune with the gardens and provide necessary air space for residents without encroaching on the public domain.
- The other block offers a more complex composition consisting of a residential complex of three small buildings located in the alignment of the "Street of the Embellie" and staging itself to respect the topography of the site. This composition is used to identify each building entrance with large openings in the halls. This residence is organized on a ground floor and two floors with a basement containing all the parking spaces reserved for rental housing. All apartments have an extension on the outside
A public footpath opens in heart of the plot. It offers various courses to residents of the district in the continuity of those already existing on the site.