Nysan motorized external roller shades provide excellent control of glare and thermal gain. Hunter Douglas Contract’s high-performance exterior fabrics – including PVC-free GreenScreen® Tek-Screen fabric – remain colorfast, resist damage from water and heat, remain dimensionally stable, and are resistant to rot. Motorized external roller shades can be controlled by switch or automated control system. Heavy-duty headrails, bottom rails, and side guides are engineered to withstand adverse weather conditions.
- Attractive headrail to protect the fabric (and motor) in the raised position.
- Durable roller tube incorporating the motor.
- Heavy-duty brackets, bottom rail, and side guides engineered to withstand adverse environmental conditions.
- Full motorization and automation available for raising, lowering, and adjusting the shade.
Nysan external roller shades feature
- Very good protection against thermal gain and glare, with performance superior to internal window coverings.
- The ability to retract shades completely when not required.
- A wide variety of fabric colors, opennesses, and options to customize the aesthetics and performance of the shade.
- Integration with intelligent controls makes it possible to create an active shading solution on sun-facing elevations.
- Gravity drop roller shades, which resemble standard interior shades but feature specially designed operating mechanisms and fabrics.
Nysan motorized external roller shades provide excellent control of glare and thermal gain.
A wide range of highly-performance are available. PVC-free GeenScreen® Tek-Screen fabrics are specifically produced for external use and are:
- Colorfast to light
- Resistant to the elements (rain, temperature variations, direct sunlight etc.)
- Dimensionally stable
- Resistant to rot
Projects that use this product
This post is part of our ongoing effort to create a database of architectural products, a useful resource for all architects, with the help of our partners.
Hunter Douglas Contract is a business partner of ArchDaily.
This month, we’d like to share with you another product from Hunter Douglas Contract, that can help you improve the energy efficiency of your projects.
The Nysan aerofoil (fin) louvers deflect thermal gain from incident sun, integrating light control into the building envelope. Not only they deliver outstanding functionality, but will also help architects create a distinctive look for the building surface. Well-designed louver configurations can be as striking as they are effective, shading the facade against low or high sun angles while making an aesthetic statement. As with any system, design considerations such as louver size and composition can affect performance.