Opened in 1937, the Palais de Tokyo has suffered from decades of neglect and subsequent deterioration. Housing modern art in its early stages of life, it soon was relegated to the sidelines upon completion of the Centre Pompidou in late 70’s, which took over the role of hosting modern art exhibitions. Sitting dormant and unused for latter part of the 20th century, it has since been reinvigorated by architects Lacaton & Vassal, opening back up to the public in 2002. The stripped down structure that exposes and embraces raw materials has recently received a new expansion by the architects who breathed new life into it. More details after the break.