EXOAIR® 230 Fluid-Applied Synthetic Permeable Air Barrier Membrane is a monolithic, elastomeric membrane designed to be rolled or sprayed onto exterior above-grade wall assemblies to mitigate air infiltration/exfiltration and water penetration while remaining permeable to the passage of water vapor. It may also be used as a liquid-applied flashing, enabling the contractor to address both the membrane and flashing needs with a single material.
EXOAIR® 230 is typically applied to exterior sheathing panels, concrete block, poured concrete or wood substrates as an air and vapor barrier material. EXOAIR® 230 can be used with EXOAIR 110, EXOAIR 111 or EXOAIR 230 to transition into window and door openings.
Features and Benefits
- EXOAIR 230 is a UV stable, seamless, monolithic membrane that creates a fully adhered air barrier when properly installed.
- The ability to roller or spray apply the material affords the contractor the ability to accelerate installation times compared to traditional selfadhered membrane systems.
- The high performance properties of the EXOAIR 230 membrane retard the migration of air and bulk water but allow water vapor to pass through the membrane. As a result, vapor permeable systems like EXOAIR 230 allow for more flexibility in the placement of the air barrier membrane in the wall design.
- EXOAIR 230 is formulated for UV resistance providing the flexibility to install rainscreen systems with open joints or to allow the membrane to be exposed longer during the construction process.
- EXOAIR 230 can be custom colored to meet all of your design needs.
- EXOAIR 230 is specifically formulated for design options requiring
assemblies that have been evaluated for NFPA 285.
Air barrier systems, when properly installed, have been shown to reduce energy costs for HVAC by as much as 40% versus buildings without fully-adhered air barriers. This is important to remember since utilizing an air barrier system such as ExoAir may assist in earning points within LEED.
ExoAir air and vapor barrier membranes also meet the GreenGuard® certification requirement for low volatile organic emissions and therefore all VOE requirements globally.