Thermiser Max® Insulated Rolling Doors are constructed for daily use and can withstand operation of up to 20 cycles per day – that’s 50,000 cycles for the lifetime of the door. They provide all the benefits of our standard rolling door offering, plus:
- Climate control: our exclusive patent-pending sealing system, *(with thermally broken guide assemblies and a lintel seal), together with the insulated curtain, provides impressive reductions in air infiltration and thermal transference
- Security: Our insulated curtain design features two layers of metal with foam in between, making the door stronger and more secure
- Sound Reduction: The Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating is up to 30 for the curtain and up to 22 for the entire assembly, as tested per ASTM E90 (with a complete, operable assembly)
Materials and Finishes
- Configuration: Double skin interlocking roll formed interior and exterior metal slats (R-value of 8.0 as calculated using the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals)
- Slats are filled with 7/8" thick closed cell pressure foamed in place urethane insulation:
- Slats available in galvanised steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Flame Spread Index of 0
- Smoke Developed Index of 10 as tested per ASTM E84
- CFC-free process with an Ozone Depletion Potential rating of 0
- Meets foam plastic insulation requirements of the 2012 IBC®, section 2603
- Click here for additional material and finishes options and information
- Chain Diverter for MGH Operators: this option moves the auxiliary chain out of the clear opening and to the side of the door – enabling free movement through the door and making a chain bag unnecessary.
- Hood and Operator Covers: metal cover to protect the coil or operator from exterior weather, debris or to meet OSHA or UL 325 safety requirements.
- Powder Coated Graphics: permanent, durable faux finishes are available for rolling door curtains. There are six wood grain options as well as the ability to use custom graphics, photos or logos.
- SpectraShield™ Powder Coating: polyester finish in more than 180 colors for durability, aesthetics, superior finish life and cost effectiveness.
- Trim Package: in applications where exterior aesthetics are important, such as hotels, condominiums, convention centers and parking garages, the addition of a trim package can cover unsightly hardware and contribute to the building's architecture.
- Vinyl Graphics: add durable, full-color images to your curtains and hoods. Great for school logos and turning unused door space into profitable sponsorship opportunities in stadiums, amusement parks and retail stores.
- Vision Windows: improve aesthetics and visibility with one- or two-way windows incorporated in the curtain.
LEED®, Sustainability and Green Manufacturing
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a voluntary, consensus-based national rating system for developing high-performance, sustainable buildings developed by The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The LEED for New Construction and Major Renovations Rating System guides and distinguishes high-performance commercial and institutional projects. Cornell contributes towards two items of the item "Materials and Resources", one of six categories of LEED Rating System.
Learn more about Cornell's LEED Certification here.