REVOLUTION®, a unique glare control fabric made from plants, is made from PLA (PolyLactic Acid) named INGEOTM, which is a biopolymer.
How is it made?
Step 1 Extraction of sugar from plants
Step 2 Sugar is transformed into lactic acid through a fermentation process
Step 3 Lactic acid molecules are linked into long chains (polymerization). It than becomes a polylactic acid (PLA) in the form of pellets/granulate
Step 4 PLA pellets are extruded into yarn under high speed and pressure
Step 5 PLA yarn is woven into a fabric: REVOLUTION®.
Step 6 REVOLUTION® undergoes a finishing process in order to meet the highest quality requirements and standards.
Watch our product video for more information.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- REVOLUTION® is the first sunscreen fabric in the world awarded with Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Gold
- The production of PLA requires 42.9% less energy and causes 77.3% less CO2 emission compared to polyester
- 100% bio-based - yarn produced from annually renewable resources
- Fire retardant
- Fully recyclable
- Eight standard colors available:
- Composition: PLA (polylactic acid)
- Certification: Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Gold
- Width: 94.4" / 118" (240 / 300 cm)
- Openness Factor: 3%
- Weight: 5.16 oz/sq yd (175 gr/m2)
- Thickness: 0.019 in (0.47 mm)
- Fire rating: NFPA 701 / DIN4102 B1
Above specifications are averages and can’t be considered binding.
For more information about M+N Textiles Sunscreen fabrics please visit M+N Textiles' Page in Materials or go to www.mn-textiles.com.