The use of glass in architecture and design is becoming more and more prevalent, and Pilkington Optiwhite™ is at the very forefront of making it possible.
The reason for this is the sheer variety of benefits which Pilkington Optiwhite™ can offer, making it an excellent choice for a wide range of applications. Pilkington Optiwhite™ is a low iron extra clear float glass with very high light transmittance. It is practically colorless, and the green cast inherent to other glasses is not present. It is therefore ideal for use where glass edges are visible or where a neutral color is desired. As its light transmittance is higher than clear float glass, it is perfect for applications where transparency and purity of color are desired.
Low iron glass is made using carefully selected raw materials with a naturally low iron content. The melting process is tightly controlled to ensure that the product properties remain consistent, making Pilkington Optiwhite™ the leading low iron glass on the market.
The Huntington Center, Toledo, Ohio - Exterior
USES AND APPLICATIONS
Pilkington Optiwhite™ provides the perfect solution for a wide variety of applications. Part of the reason of its success is its flexibility; it can be toughened or laminated, it has the widest range of sizes and thicknesses on the market and it can be combined with other products from the Pilkington range to provide additional benefits to suit any purpose.
NFL Headquarters Desk, New York, USA.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High light transmittance for true color and outstanding visual clarity when an unrestricted view is required.
- Purity of color with minimum color cast when viewing through the glass, ensuring a true
representation of the designer’s vision.
- Improves aesthetics of laminated glass and provides less greenish color of the glass edges.
- High solar heat transmittance providing passive solar gain to allow more heat through, which can save costs on energy bills during the winter.
- Can be toughened or laminated for safety and security.
- Can be painted or silk-screened for spandrel or decorative applications.
- Can be combined with other products from the Pilkington range to provide additional benefits such as thermal insulation or self-cleaning.
- Available in thicknesses between 3.2 mm and 15 mm, the widest range on the market.