Savaria's Omega Inclined Platform Wheelchair Lift inclined platform is designed for access over stairs with multiple levels, curves or intermediate landings. This lift carries a passenger with wheelchair up and down stairs by travelling along a rail system mounted alongside the stairs.
Providing barrier-free access does not have to involve major construction when you choose a Savaria inclined platform lift. Built to transport a wheelchair passenger on a platform that glides over the stairs, the lift folds up when not in use leaving unobstructed access to the stairs. The Savaria Delta model is designed for use with a single level of straight stairs, while the Savaria Omega model handles multiple levels, turning stairs, curved stairs or stairs with intermediate landings. Whether you need a lift for your home, school or any public building, Savaria inclined platform lifts feature space saving designs, reliable performance and user-friendly operation.
An alternative to an elevator or vertical platform lift, the Omega requires minimal construction. The foldaway platform allows full access to the stairs when the lift is not in use. Flexible for many types of installations, including inside and outside curves, spiral stairs and multiple levels, the Savaria Omega is custom built to your specifications. The available ADA-compliant platform includes a fold out seat and audio visual movement alarm to meet public building access requirements. Commercial applications are not currently available for all regions in Canada, consult Savaria.
USES & APPLICATIONS
- Affordable alternative to an elevator or vertical lift: Provides access without significant renovations.
- Space-saving design: Sleek design with a foldaway and optional out-of-the-way parking that harmonizes with any building design.
- Machine roomless: Motor is unobtrusively installed at the top landing, with the controller located remotely keeping the visible components to a minimum.
- Other standard features: Constant pressure buttons to move the lift up and down, pedestrian warning light and movement alarm, straight through platform, power folding platform, pendant control, fold-down seat with 330 lb (150 kg) capacity, modular rail system.
- Standard finish options: Lightest gray.
- ADA-compliant platform: Optional ADA-compliant platform, ideal for public accessibility requirements.
- Safety features: Sensor system on the platform, non-skid platform with side safety flaps, overspeed governor, manual lowering device, power folding safety arms, keyed access for call stations and emergency stop button.
- Warranty: 36 months parts.
- Optional Configurations: Vertical bend, steep start, 90 degree turn (inside curve, outside curve), 180 degree turn (inside curve) and special bends
- Standard Platform Size:
- W30.5" x L49.2" (775 x 1250 mm)
- W28.5" x L35.4" (720 x 900 mm)
- Other Options: Stabilizer for any travel under 20 degrees
Technical Information: - Stair Types: Multiple levels of straight stairs,stairs with intermediate landings,stairs with turns
- Capacity: 550 lbs (250 kg) Canada, 660 lbs (300 kg) USA
- Speed: 12 ft/min (0.06 m/s)
- Maximum travel: 164' (50 m)
- Motor: 1 hp (0.75 kW), 2.2 kW over 30 m
- Gradient: Changing, with or without landings and turns, up to 55˚
- Power Supply: 240 volts
- Stair Types: Multiple levels of straight stairs,stairs with intermediate landings,stairs with turns