Welcome to the Architecture City Guide series. Here at ArchDaily we thought this series could especially be put to use during the upcoming holiday season. Many will be traveling to see family, having family visit, or taking a New Year’s vacation to a new city. Here is a small City Guide list, starting with Washington D.C.
We want to hear from you, share with us your City Guide list for buildings in Washington D.C. More cities to come, so be sure to check back.
Follow the break for our Washington D.C. list and a corresponding map!
Architecture City Guide: Washington D.C.
- Dulles Airport / Eero Saarinen
- Kogod Courtyard – Smithsonian American Art Museum / Foster + Partners
- Kreeger Museum / Philip Johnson
- St. Coletta School / Michael Graves
- Metro Stations / Harry Weese
- Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Library / Mies van der Rohe
- East Building at the National Gallery of Art / I.M. Pei
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn Museum / SOM-Gordon Bunshaft
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial / Maya Lin
- AIA Headquarters Building / The Architects’ Collaberative (TAC)
- Pope Leighey House / Frank Lloyd Wright
- Ronald Reagan National Airport North Terminal / Pelli Clark Pelli Architects
View Architecture City Guide: Washington D.C. in a larger map