IMPORTANT UPDATE 4/18: Dates and information for the competition have changed. Learn more below.
To architecture students worldwide, MAD encourages you to apply for the 2017 MAD Travel Fellowship.
Ma Yansong, founding principal partner of MAD Architects, initiated MAD Travel Fellowship in 2009. During the past 7 years, the program has sponsored 35 students for their overseas architecture travels to Africa, Asia, Europe, and North America.
Starting 2017, the program will sponsor five more global students to visit China. MAD believes it is only through travel – the visceral experience of interacting with, and being influenced by, different spaces – that one can begin to understand ideas of context and gain a deeper insight into architecture.
- Recipients: 5 global architecture students (Travel in China), 5 Chinese-nationality architecture students (Worldwide Travel)
- Application deadline: May 14, 2017
- Recipients announcement: May 22, 2017
Panel judge: Ma Yansong
- Selected applicants must currently be an undergraduate or graduate architecture student;
- A 500 words or less letter describing your interests in architecture;
- CV and Portfolio.
- Please submit the above materials as one 6mb A4 PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application file should be named as follows: school_major_graduating year_name.pdf
Press Release via MAD.