Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre

Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - GardenDyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Image 3 of 23Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Glass, FacadeDyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - ChairDyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - More Images+ 18

Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Image 7 of 23
© WilkinsonEyre - Dyson Research Limited
Elevation

Text description provided by the architects. The Campus includes Dyson’s existing headquarters and factory alongside new built facilities: the D9 research and development building, the Lightning Café and The Hangar, which provides sports and leisure amenities for Dyson employees. The existing elegant and minimal buildings - originally designed by WilkinsonEyre - have also undergone extensive internal changes to allow Dyson’s continuous growth.

Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Stairs, Handrail

The practice’s design approach aims to create a new technology campus that is set to be a leading creative hub for UK’s top engineers and designers where new forms of working environment emerge. The D9 has been conceived as a minimal, reflective glass pavilion within a rural landscape setting. A central atrium brings daylight into the two floors and breakout spaces. The interiors are designed to facilitate flexible working, combining conventional desk space with laboratory facilities to allow for collaborative discussion and brainstorming.

Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Garden
Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Image 3 of 23

As part of the brief, the surrounding landscape has been enhanced to create more privacy and prevent direct views into the building. The greenery connects to the existing Nature Walk, which surrounds the perimeter of the site, offering Dyson employees the opportunity for quiet outdoor reflection. The Campus now provides 129 advanced research laboratories and new collaborative spaces for the engineers to develop Dyson’s sophisticated technology pipeline.

Section
Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre - Facade, Garden

Project gallery

See allShow less

Project location

Address:Malmesbury SN16, United Kingdom

Click to open map
Location to be used only as a reference. It could indicate city/country but not exact address.
About this office
Cite: "Dyson Campus / WilkinsonEyre" 19 Sep 2016. ArchDaily. Accessed . <https://www.archdaily.com/795355/dyson-campus-wilkinsoneyre> ISSN 0719-8884

You've started following your first account!

Did you know?

You'll now receive updates based on what you follow! Personalize your stream and start following your favorite authors, offices and users.