Architects: Eskew+Dumez+Ripple / Guidry Beazley Architects
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Consultants: J.B. Mouton, Inc. – General Contractor, Associated Design Group – MEP Engineers, Bellard and Associates – Structural Engineer, Visual Acuity – Visualization Systems, Global Data Systems – Communications/IT, Jon Emerson & Associates – Landscape Architect
Client: Lafayette Economic Development Authority
Project Size: 61,040 square feet
Year of Completion: 2006
Photography: Timothy Hursley
Louisiana Inmersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE)
A cooperative endeavor between the Lafayette Economic Development Authority (LEDA) and the University of Louisiana Lafayette, the Louisiana Immersive Technology Enterprise was conceived as an economic generator for the greater Lafayette region.
This 62,000 square foot technology center provides unprecedented research and development opportunities utilizing computer visualization technologies for a wide range of clients, from oil and gas exploration companies to university researchers.
In addition to the 40,000 square feet of office space designed for several data technology companies, the project contains a variety of high performance immersion environments including a 200-seat auditorium, two teaching conference rooms and a 3-D visualization cube (or CAVE). The cube is the first total immersion environment of its kind in the state, and one of only a handful in the nation.
Products in this project
- Wood decking by Ipe
- Resilent floor tile: Exelon Series by Armstrong
- Metal-framed skylights by Supersky
- Overhead coiling door by McKeon Door
- Accordian-type fire doors by Won Door
- Integrated door assembles by Adams Rite Manufacturing
- Ornamental railing by Julius Blum & Co., Inc.
- Manufactured zinc wall panels by VM Zinc Inc.
- Acoustical wall panel: Midwall by Accutrack Systems
- Metal wall panels by UNA Core Aluminum Panels
- Acoustical wall panel by Tectum, Inc