2009 has been a great year for ArchDaily, and all thanks to you: We have tripled our visits, great debates have been conducted on the articles, our Facebook page has grown to almost 40k fans, our Twitter community is very active and growing fast… and what a better way to celebrate this with an award chosen by you.
For this, we have partnered with Floornature to bring you the Building of the Year 2009 award, an award given by our readers to the best buildings featured during the last year at ArchDaily. Your nominations will result in a short list of 5 buildings per category, after which you will vote to select the best buildings.
We have chosen Facebook and Twitter as the authentication platforms for the award, so we can assure that the nominating and voting processes are conducted by the community. You can nominate once per day, so you can propose your favorite projects from Jan 18th to Feb 7th, after which 5 buildings per category will continue to the voting round, between Feb 8th and until Feb 28th, after which the winners will be announced.
Once again I’d like to thank all our readers for your support in 2009, and rest assure that we are working on new ways to improve ArchDaily in 2010.
- Eligibility: All buildings published between Jan 1st 2009 and Dec 31st 2009 under the “Selected” category are eligible for this award.
- By submitting their works to ArchDaily, offices agree to enter this competition and to be present on the promotional material.
- Authorship and copyright of each project belong to the offices and architects mentioned on each project’s page.
- The 5 finalists and the final winners of each category will be announced to the press and will be featured extensively on ArchDaily.com during the different stages of the competition, giving each office a worldwide exposure.
- Winners of each category will receive a distinctive and unique plaque from ArchDaily. The 5 finalists and the winners of each category can use the respective title for their own purposes, always stating ArchDaily and Floornature as the organizers of this award.
- Offices and architects are encouraged to promote their works for voting, but no monetary or virtual gift compensation should be offered.
- The system will count only one vote per user (either via Facebook or Twitter) per day, reset at midnight EST.
- As we rely on 3rd parties authentication platforms, ArchDaily is not responsible for any downtime caused by Twitter or Facebook.
- The nomination process starts on Jan 18th and ends on Feb 7th at midnight EST. The voting round starts on Feb 8th and ends on Feb 28th at midnight EST.
- During the voting round, users will have the chance to fill a form after submitting their vote, for a chance to win an iPod Touch. Data harvested from this form is confidential and won´t be shared with 3rd parties. By submitting the form you agree to be included on ArchDaily’s newsletter, from which you can opt-out at any time. The winner will be announced on Feb 28th 2010.
- ArchDaily reserves the right to analyze the data of the nominations and votes in order to assure a fair process before each stage of the awards.
- ArchDaily reserves the right to adjust these rules if required.
- All questions should be sent to David Basulto, director of this award at: editor [at] archdaily.com
Floornature is an international design and architecture portal with a focus on porcelain stoneware materials for contemporary architecture, exclusive interviews with great masters of international architecture and the most interesting new developments in the world of architecture.