Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS

Focusing on the users' working and living qualities, the winning proposal for the Premier Campus Office in Kagithane addresses its presence in Istanbul as a new form of contextual and urban approach. Designed by JDS Architects, the building is formed by their desire to make it interact with its environment and acts as a catalyst of business life for a new Istanbul that promotes contemporary culture, architecture and lifestyle. More images and architects’ description after the break.

Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS - Cityscape
Courtesy of JDS Architects

Located in the Kagithane Gardens business district, the project opens itself up to the neighborhood and offers spaces to the users and the passers by such as plazas, intimate gardens and generous terraces. The volume of the block is literally carved out to invite the surroundings in. The local hilly landscape, characteristic to Istanbul, is continued in the meandering of the volume both in plan, adapting to the site's edges, and in section, weaving into itself in a series of gentle curving slopes, echoing the nearby Bosphorus waves.

Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS - Steel
Courtesy of JDS Architects

The vibrant commercial life of the ground floor burst out onto the plazas and the landscape. Upstairs the offices open out onto the green terraces, populated with lush vegetation, tempering the hot Springs and Summers. The volume reads clearly while still opening itself generously to the city from the far. As one gets closer the interiors become more discreet, protected by louvers that help shade from the sun.

Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS - Cityscape, Facade
Courtesy of JDS Architects

We've thought a building where inside interacts with outside, where the plan is flexible to allow for anyone to find its desired space and place, whether it be a small one man show company or a large corporate office employing hundreds. We believe life is plural and various entities should coexist and exchange their experiences. The Kagithane Gardens is where such a rich diversity can find its place.

Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS - Image 23 of 47
Courtesy of JDS Architects

Architects: JDS Architects
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Team: Julien De Smedt, Kamile Malinauskaite, Laure Vandenbroucke, Vincent Macris, Emily Pescod, Melike Ceyisakar, Camille Fatier, Borna Pavicic, Kazuya Uchida
Collaborators: DB Architects, Tavusbay-STATIK, Geodinamik, Dinamik Proje, Pozitif Proje, SPIGA, CWG
Client: Feryapi
Type: Invited Competition
Size: 100,000 M2
Status: On-Going
Year: 2013

Project gallery

See allShow less
About this office
Cite: Alison Furuto. "Premier Campus Office in Kagithane Winning Proposal / JDS" 05 May 2013. ArchDaily. Accessed . <https://www.archdaily.com/368559/premier-campus-office-in-kagithane-winning-proposal-jds-architects> ISSN 0719-8884

You've started following your first account!

Did you know?

You'll now receive updates based on what you follow! Personalize your stream and start following your favorite authors, offices and users.