This month, we’d like to share with you another product from Hunter Douglas Contract, that can help you improve the energy efficiency of your projects.
The Nysan aerofoil (fin) louvers deflect thermal gain from incident sun, integrating light control into the building envelope. Not only they deliver outstanding functionality, but will also help architects create a distinctive look for the building surface. Well-designed louver configurations can be as striking as they are effective, shading the facade against low or high sun angles while making an aesthetic statement. As with any system, design considerations such as louver size and composition can affect performance.
Well designed louver configurations can be as striking as they are effective, shading the facade against low or high sun angles while making an aesthetic statement. As with any system, design considerations such as louver size and composition can affect performance.
- Single piece extruded Nysan aerofoil louvers from 4″ (100 mm) to 24″ (600 mm) tip to tip.
- Extruded louvers are more durable, while fabricated designs can include perforation to modify their performance.
- Louver shapes, composition, and finish also can be used to create specific daylighting effects as well as establishing a different aesthetic.
- Fabricated Nysan louvers can be created at nearly any size.
- Aerofoil composition is typically metal (aluminum or steel), but many other options exist, including glass and wood.
- Nysan metal louvers typically have an anodized aluminum finish to ensure long product life and minimal maintenance. Other finishes include polyester powder coating and fluorpolymer painting. All resist damage to sun or weather.
Custom colors are available.
Standard Anodized and Fluoropolymer Finishes
Faux wood Finishes
Aerofoil louver systems can be fixed or adjustable, allowing the angle of the louvers to be changed to provide increased levels of solar control. This type of system is more appropriate for east / south-east or west / south-west facing elevations where the sun angle is lower as compared to a southern facing one and as a result, a projecting louver system is not sufficiently effective.
- Aluminum extruded wing-shaped profiles
- 6 different standard profiles from 200 to 450 mm wide
- Fins fixed at a chosen angle between 0 and 180 degrees in increments of 5 degrees
- Adjustable fins with motorized operation, suitable for Building Management Systems
- V-bracket fixtures, available in 0, 30 and 45 degrees for the 200 – 300AF
- Cup bracket fixtures, available in 0, 30 and 45 degrees for the 350 – 450AF
- Two standard supporting structures are available, tube or flat bar
- Corner solutions are available for fixed systems
- Available anodized, in polyester or PVDF coating (RAL) or in wood tones
Projects that used this product
This post is part of our ongoing effort to create a database of architectural products, a useful resource for all architects, with the help of our partners.
Hunter Douglas Contract is a business partner of ArchDaily.