From April 7th through the 13th, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will be hosting National Architecture Week in an effort to increase public awareness on the role architects play as a force for positive change in our communities and to elevate the public’s appreciation of design.
Similar to previous years’ observances, National Architecture Week will be virtual and composed of daily pinboards on the social networking site, Pinterest, and an Architecture Is Awesome contest on Instagram. The intent is to use the two social networking platforms to showcase architects’ good designs and encourage architecture fans to share their thoughts and engage with like-minded professionals during the week.
Five Ways You can Take Part in National Architecture Week:
- Follow the official hashtag, #archweek13. Whether you’re on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Pinterest connect with your friends and share what inspires you about architecture.
- Join an online conversation. Connect with other architecture fans as we showcase architects and their achievements. Hear their viewpoints and share yours.
- Follow our pin boards on Pinterest. Not only will thought leaders share what inspires them about architecture, we’ll also pin profiles of some inspiring architects.
- Share the love on Instagram. Show us what inspires you about about architecture. Enter our Architecture Is Awesome contest. Five lucky winners will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Find an event near you. Several AIA chapters will host special events such as receptions, lectures, tours, film screenings, award programs, and open houses.
Also, be sure to vote for the 2013 AIA Convention’s next ARCHITECT Live co-host by April 14 here on the official AIA website.