After opening in August, the 13th Venice Biennale will end this Sunday (November 25th). This video is a recording made by Cristobal Palma of the Chilean Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2012 entitled CANCHA – Chilean Soilscapes (see our coverage of the exhibit here).
The Chilean Pavilion was curated by Pilar Planchart and Bernardo Valdés. Other invited architects included Pedro Alonso (Deserta), Elemental (Metropolitan Promenade), Susuka (Limitless Chile), Genaro Cuadros (Playground), Germán del Sol (Kancha), Iván Ivelic (Travesies of the Amereida) and Rodrigo Tisi (Performances of Conquest). The Chilean artist Pedro Pulido also exhibited his sculpture, Nein.
More info on the Pavilion, and videos by Cristobal Palma, after the break…
CANCHA – Chilean Soilscapes
- Organizer: National Council for Culture and the Arts.
- Curators and Architects: Maria Pilar Pinchart Saavedra (Pinchart Arquitectos) and Bernardo Valdés Echenique (Mapa Consultores).
- Commissioner: Cristobal Molina Baeza (National Council for Culture and the Arts).
- Video: Cristobal Palma
More videos by Cristobal Palma on ArchDaily:
- Valparaiso Cultural Park (HLPS Arquitectos)
- New World Symphony (Frank Gehry)
- Aquatic Centre (LCLAOFFICE + Edgar Mazo + Sebastián Mejia)
- Water Cathedral (GUN Architects)
- Memory Museum (Estudio America)
- Gimme Shelter at the Shenzhen & Hong Kong Biennale (Sebastian Irarrazaval + Hugo Mondragon)
- Ultra light village (Clavel Arquitectos)
- Design School (Sebastian Irarrazaval)
- Color Shadows (Eduardo Castillo)
- Nicanor Parra Library (Mathias Klotz)
- El Porvenir Kindergarten (Giancarlo Mazzanti)
- Flor del Campo School (Giancarlo Mazzanti + Felipe Mesa)
- Sports Facilities (Giancarlo Mazzanti + Plan B)
- Clifftop House in Maui (Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti)
- W Houses (Barclay & Crousse)
- Cien House (Pezo von Ellrichshausen)
- Casa Martos (Adamo-Faiden)
- Cristobal Palma Filmmaker