Shenzhen officials are currently searching for the next curator of the 2013 “Urbanism\Architecture Bi-City Biennale” (UABB). Established in 2005, the bi-city biennale has explored the interdependent relationship between architecture and urbanism. Last year, chief curator Mr. Terence Riley attracted over 150,000 spectators with his exhibit “Architecture creates cities. Cities create architecture.” And now, you might have the same opportunity! Curator candidates are invited to develop their unique biennale theme based on the general idea of “Urban Boarder”. The final deadline for the proposal submission is September 24th, 2012. Read on for more details.
Chief curator of the Shenzhen Biennale should:
- Possess general knowledge of Shenzhen/China in the aspect of city development, urbanization, etc;
- Have professional background of Urban Planning, Urban Design, Landscape, Architecture;
- Have achievement and influence in the architecture/arts field and the society;
- Have both china and international exhibition curatorial experience;
- Be professional and innovative;
- Own abundant integrated resources, (e.g., capability to invite top professionals, well-established relationships with sponsors/press, etc.);
- Establish a team to work with biennale committee office in regards of exhibition coordination, promotion, publication, related administrative affairs, etc.
Find more information on how to apply here.