From April 8th through the 14th, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) will be hosting National Architecture Week in an effort to increase public awareness on the role architects play as a force for positive change in our communities and to elevate the public’s appreciation of design. With a theme of “Design Connects”, the AIA encourages you to join in an online national conversation. Continue reading to learn more on how you can participate.
The event will be completely virtual and using social networking platforms Pinterest and Foursquare to showcase good design and encourage architecture fans to share their thoughts and engage with like-minded professionals during the week. Kick off is Sunday, April 8, with a welcoming video from AIA President Jeff Potter, FAIA, which will be posted to the AIA National YouTube channel.
Five Ways You can Take Part in National Architecture Week:
- Follow AIA’s official Pinterest and view a new board each day showcasing a variety of building types.
- Join the online conversation and share your views on how “design connects” us via Pinterest, Twitter and Foursquare. The official hashtag for the week is #archweek12.
- Follow the AIA on Foursquare and explore your city. You’ll earn Foursquare points while discovering architectural tips about some of the best award-winning design projects near you.
- Visit your favorite architectural sites and check in on Foursquare. Include the official hashtage (#archweek12) and you can enter in the Foursquare Sweepstakes.
- Find an event near you. Several AIA chapters will host special events such as receptions, lectures, tours, film screenings, award programs and open houses.