This week, with the help of our readers, our Architecture City Guide is headed to Rome. As the city that gave us the arch, the dome, and the vault, its influence on architecture is undeniable. We put together a list of 12 modern/contemporary buildings that we feel provides a good starting point. It is far from complete. There are dozens of other great buildings that are not our list, and we are looking to add to the list in the near future. Please add your favorites in the comment section below so we can add them on the second go around. Again thank you to all our readers who sent in their suggestions and photographs. The city guides would not be possible without your help.
The Architecture City Guide: Rome list and corresponding map after the break.
- Ara Pacis / Richard Meier
- MAXXI / Zaha Hadid
- Church of 2000 / Richard Meier
- Auditorium Parco della Musica / Renzo Piano
- Palazzetto dello Sport / Pier Luigi Nervi
- Palazzo delle Poste / Adalberto Libera
- Palazzo della Civilta Italiana / Giovanni Guerrini
- Palazzo del Congressi / Adalberto Libera
- La Sapienza University Campus / Marcello Piacentini
- Biblioteca della Pontificia Universita Lateranense / King Roselli Architetti
- Mosque and Islamic Cultural Center / Paolo Portoghesi
- MACRO, Museo di arte contemporanea di Roma / Odile Decq
View Architecture City Guide: Rome in a larger map