This week our Architecture City Guide is headed to Philadelphia. The list of influential architects that have either worked, studied, or taught in Philadelphia is perhaps the only list that challenges the numbers of Founding Fathers that descended on this city of “Brotherly Love.” A brief list includes Sullivan, Kahn, Wright, Pei, Rudolf, Corbusier, Latrobe, Gropius, Mumford, and Furness. That being said, our list of 12 barely scratches the surface of buildings worth seeing in this great city. We would like to hear about your must not miss buildings in the comment section below.
The Architecture City Guide: Philadelphia list and corresponding map after the break!
- Comcast Center / Robert A. M. Stern Architects
- Split Level House / Qb Design
- Melvin J. and Claire Levine Hall at the University of Pennsylvania / KieranTimberlake
- Urban Outfitters Corporate Campus / Meyer Scherer & Rockcastle
- Commerce Square / Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Morris Arboretum Tree Adventure / Metcalfe Architecture & Design
- Suzanne Roberts Theatre Philadelphia / KieranTimberlake
- Field House at Germantown Friends School / Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Cira Centre / Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
- BNY Mellon Center / Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF)
- Liberty Bell Center / Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- The Modules / Interface Studio Architects
View Architecture City Guide: Philadelphia in a larger map